Organisations are being encouraged to submit their ideas for developing new renewable and clean energy projects in the area around Sullom Voe.
Shetland Islands Council is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the Port of Sullom Voe and the Scatsta, and Sellaness areas. These and the surrounding areas offer unique opportunities for a range of new developments, and information provided by interested organisations will help the Council determine which development, or combination, would ensure the best outcome for Shetland and our community.
Key elements required for consideration include:
- Environmental protection, monitoring and decommissioning
- Building on infrastructure, skills and maximising local involvement
- Ensuring that key sectors of the Shetland economy are not disadvantaged
- Community benefit for Shetland as host for your development
- Community compensation and benefits
- National Green Energy Area recognition
The closing date for EOIs is 30th September 2022, but submissions will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Interested organisations are encouraged to engage far in advance of the closing date to enable early access for site investigation works.
The Council has already put together a Sullom Voe Harbour Area Masterplan that should be considered before submitting an EOI. You can find this online here.